PhD (Electrical Engineering) University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
M.Eng.Sc (Digital Communication) University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
B.E. (Electronics and Communication) Gujarat University, Ahmadabad, India
Area of Interest
- Wireless Communication
- Network Security
- Algorithms (Compression, Bioinformatics)
- Satellite Communication
- Cognitive Radio
- As a Senior Research Engineer in Industry Nokia Research Center (Finland) for 10 years
- As Professor in Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat( For 7 months)
- As Associate Professor in Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India.(For 2 Years)
Inventions & Patents
- NC43387 (2040557US): Status: Patent – PAT1, Title: SELECTION OF NETWORK ACCESS ENTITY IN A COMMUNICATION SYSTEM. (IPR Title: A Movement detection algorithm for Fast and Smooth handover over heterogeneous Access technology). Patent granted. Inventor: Preetida Vinayakray-Jani.
- NC32271: Status: Nokia takes the rights – USE, Title: Mobile IP handover performance in high Mobility Wireless network. Inventor: Preetida Vinayakray-Jani.
- NC56156 (US11/902,664, GB 070912.9): Status: Patent – PAT, Title: METHOD AND APPARATUS ENSURING APPLICATION QUALITY OF SERVICE (IPR Title: Algorithmic framework for ensuring application QOS requirements on access networks). Inventor: Preetida Vinayakray-Jani.
- NC48232: Status: Nokia owns disclosure rights – PRI2, Title: Coverage based handover triggering method for WLAN. Inventor: Preetida Vinayakray-Jani.
- NC55357: Status: Nokia owns disclosure right – PRI, Title: Dynamic Access selection Procedure for Multihomed End Device. Inventor: Preetida Vinayakray-Jani.
- NC57488 (57488-US-NP) Status: Patent – PAT, Title: A MOBILE NODE, A METHOD OR HANDOVER AND A COMPUTER PROGRAM (IPR Title: End Device Controlled Proactive TCP mechanism for Inter-system Handover). Inventor: Preetida Vinayakray-Jani, Pasi Sarolahti.
- NC60813 (NC60813 (Nokia.70US or PCT/IB2008/002890) Status: Patent – PAT, Title: USING GAA TO DERIVE AND DISTRIBUTE PROXY MOBILE NODE HOME AGENT KEYS. (IPR Title: Using Generic Authentication Architecture – GAA to derive and distribute Proxy Mobile node Home agent keys). Inventor: Preetida Vinayakray-Jani.
- NC62644: Status: Nokia owns the disclosure rights – PRI, Title: Ensuring the continuity of service during Media Independent Handover. Inventor: Preetida Vinayakray-Jani, T.Vuori.
- NC60471: Status: Nokia owns the disclosure rights – PRI, Title: Local Authorizer to render broadcasting /multicasting services. Inventor: Preetida Vinayakray-Jani.
- NC62440: Status: Nokia takes rights for future Patent – RES3, Title: Security Levels for Networked end Device. Inventor: Preetida Vinayakray-Jani.
- NC63102: Status: Nokia takes rights for future Patent – RES, Title: Key plumbing in Mobile IP for fast roaming and Re-authentication. Inventor: Preetida Vinayakray-Jani.
- NC64470 (30397WO): Status: Patent – PAT, Title: CONNECTION MANAGEMENT (IPR Title: Triggering and optimizing the usage of IKEv2 Exchanges to improve mobility performance of DSMIP client). Inventor: Preetida Vinayakray-Jani.
- NC64784 (2081555US): Status: Patent – PAT, Title: HANDOVER DECESION PROCEDURE IN A MOBILE COMMUNICATION SYSTEM (IPR Title: An optimized movement Detection Algorithm for fast and smooth handover over heterogeneous access technology). Inventor: Preetida Vinayakray-Jani.
- NC65568: Title: Dynamic Session Control in PDN/Proxy-MIP. Inventor: Preetida Vinayakray-Jani.
- NC66651: Title: Localized Virtual Home Agent to improve the mobility performance of End device. Inventor: Preetida Vinayakray-Jani.
Technical Publications – Journals & Conferences (Published)
- Year 2017
- Performance analysis of Real time Object Tracking System based on Compressive Sensing., 4th IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Computing and Control – ISPCC’17 on 21-23 September 2017, Waknaghat, Himachal Pradesh, India. Urvi Anil Agrawal, Preetida Vinayakray-Jani (Accepted)
- Object Detection and Localization Using Compressed Sensing, The Third International Symposium on Signal Processing and Intelligent Recognition Systems (SIRS’17), 13-16 September 2017, Will be published by springer series named – Advances in intelligent system and soft computing. Poonam Deotale and Preetida V-Jani, (Accepted)
- Finger-Vein Template Protection using Compressed Sensing, Finger-Vein Template Protection using Compressed Sensing (Accepted) 18-19th Aug, Nishant M Surse, Preetida Vinayakray-Jani (Accepted)
- A Real-time Object Detecting System using Compressive Sensing. IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication – ICSPC’17 on 28-29 July 2017, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India, Urvi Anil Agrawal, Preetida Vinayakray-Jani. (Accepted)
- Compressed Sensing for Object Detection Using Dictionary Learning. 2017 International Conference on Computational Intelligence in Data Science (ICCIDS), 2 – 3 June 2017, Chennai, India. Paper ID 412, Poonam Deotale and Preetida V-Jani, Will be part of Digital library of IEEE explorer. 978-1-5090-5595-1/17/$31.00 ©2017 IEEE (Best Paper award: 2nd Prize Winner)
- A Comparative Study on Recent Image Steganography Techniques Based on DWT, International Conference on Wireless Communications, Signal Processing and Networking, (WiSPNET) – 2017 (IEEE), 22-24th March 2017, 978-1-5090-4442-9/17/$31.00©2017 IEEE, pp 1336-1342, Nishant M Surse, Preetida Vinayakray-Jani.
- Improve the system performance of wireless multimedia sensor network using MIMO and compressive sensing”, Springer: Journal of Communications and Information Networks (Accepted and will be published soon in 2017), A. Bavarva, P. Jani and K. Ghetiya
- A Sparsity-Independent Greedy Compressive Sensing algorithm for Cognitive Radio: A subjective approach”, May- 2017, Elixir Elec. Engg. 106 (2017) 46294-46308, ISSN: 2229-712X. Patel, C A, Vithalani C H, and, Jani, P V
- Performance Evaluation of an Adaptive MIMO-OFDM System Model for Wireless Networks”, Journal of Telecommunication Switching System and Networks, Vol. 4, Issue 1, ISSN: 2454-6372, pp. 17-23, 2017, A. Bavarva, P. Jani and D. Sinhar
- Year 2016
- Compressed sensing for optimizing connectivity in FANET Architecture, Proceeding 2016 Second International conference on research in computational intelligence and communication Networks ICRCICN 2016, September 23-25, 2016. Pp 100-105, IEEE explorer – INSPEC Accession Number: 16585613, DOI: 10.1109/ICRCICN.2016.7813639, Leena Parab, Preetida Vinyakray-Jani.
- An Analysis of the Performances of Compressive Sensing Algorithms OMP and KLT for Cognitive Radio”, IJEIR, September 2016, Volume 5, Issue 5, ISSN: 2277 – 5668, Patel, C A, Vithalani, C H, and , Jani, P V,
- Secure Localization of Wireless Devices with Application to sensor networks using steganography. International Conference on Information Security & Privacy (ICISP2015), 11-12 December 2015, 1877-0509© 2016 The Authors. Published by Elsevier B.V. Procedia Computer Science Volume 78, 2016, Pages 610-616, Ankita Tondwalkar, Preetida V- Jani, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2016.02.107‘Impact of Mobility Models on Routing Performance of Mobile Ad Hoc Networks’, Submitted to IEEE Vehicular Network Conference 2014.
- ‘Proactive TCP Mechanism to Improve Handover Performance in Mobile Satellite and Terrestrial Networks’, International Journal of Computer Applications – (IJCA), ISBN : 973-93-80869-24-2,June 2012, Journal Volume 48 – Number 25, Digital Library URL: http://www.ijcaonline.org/archives/volume48/number25/7546-0643, ISBN : 973-93-80869-24-2, pp.25-29, June 2012, Preetida Vinayakray-Jani, Sugata Sanyal [Impact factor:0.814, Note: This is yr.2011 IF, yr. 2012 IF will be available in 2013 june-July]
- ‘Routing Protocols for Mobile and Vehicular Ad hoc Networks: A Comparative Analysis’. ACTA Technica Corviniensis – Bulletin of Engineering – International and International and Interdisciplinary Journal, Tome V (Year 2012), FASCICULE 3 [July-September], ISSN 2067-3809, pp. 101-106, http://acta.fih.upt.ro/pdf/2012-3/ACTA-2012-3-19.pdf, Preetida Vinayakray-Jani, Sugata Sanyal [Index Copernicus: 5.34]
- ‘Security Architecture for Cluster-based Ad hoc Networks’, International Journal of Advanced Networking and Applications, Volume: 04 Issue:01 Pages:1523-1527 (2012) ISSN : 0975-0290, Online archive http://arxiv.org/abs/1207.1701 at Cornell University July 2012, Preetida Vinayakray-Jani, Sugata Sanyal
- ‘Mobility Model Analysis for Routing in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks’, Proceedings of International conference on Information, Knowledge and Research in Engineering,, Technology and Sciences-2012, (ICIKR-ETS 2012), India, pp. 307-310, A. Joshi, S. Hadia, Preetida Vinayakray-Jani, C. Patel,
- ‘Clustering Approach for Distributed Co-operative Detection in Cognitive Radio Networks’, International Journal of Recent Technology in Engineering – IJRTE, ISSN 2277-3878, Volume 1, Issue-1, April 2012, pp. 112-116 Nidhi Jani, S. Hadia, Preetida Vinayakray-Jani [Impact Factor:1, Source: http://www.ijrte.org/]
- ‘Algorithm Driven System Selection with Reconfigurable Software Defined Radio in Mobile Devices’, International Journal of Wireless and Mobile Networks (IJWMN). Volume 2, No.3,ISSN: 0975-4679, August 2010, Preetida Vinayakray Jani.
- ‘Dynamic selection of wireless systems with reconfigurable Software Defined Radio in Multihomed Mobile Hosts’, International Conference on Advances in Communication, Network and Computing – CNC 2010 Proceedings, IEEE CS CPS Publishing service, Archive in the IEEE Xplore and IEEE CS Digital library, OCT 04-05/2010, Preetida Vinayakray Jani, Calicut, Kerala, India.1
- ‘Authentication and Authorization system for services’, WSEAS Transactions on Communications, Issue 8, Volume 5, August 2006, ISSN: 1109-2742. Mikko Niiranen, Preetida Vinayakray-Jani. [Impact Factor = 0.039 measured by SCImago, Acceptance Rate = 10.66%, Source: http://www.wseas.org/wseas/cms.action?id=43]
- ‘Federated access service authorization’, Proceedings of the 10th WSEAS int. Conf. on Communications, Athens, Greece, July 2006, ISSN: 1790-5117, ISBN: 960-8457-47-5. [Best Conference paper selected for journal publication] Mikko Niiranen, Preetida Vinayakray-Jani.
- ‘Roadmap for Securing Handheld Devices: System Integrity and confidentiality’, Book: Security and Privacy in the Age of Uncertainty, ISBN 1-4020-7449-2, Kluwer Academic Pub, May, 2003. Preetida Vinayakray-Jani.1
- ‘Security in Ad hoc Networks’ Position paper, PAMPAS Workshop, London, 2002. Preetida Vinayakray-Jani.1
- ‘IPv6 in GPRS’ Invited presentation, IPv6 Forum, Bangalore, India, 2001. Preetida Vinayakray-Jani.1
- An applicability of Transition mechanisms for IPv6/IPv4 within the scope of GPRS with an internet communication’, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Book title: Next Generation Networks, Networks and Services for the Information Society, 5th IFIP TC6 International Symposium, INTERWORKING 2000, Proceedings, Pages 72 – 82, Springer-Verlag London, . ISBN:3-540-41140-2. Online archive http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=725128 , Preetida Vinayakray-Jani, Reijo Juvonen.
- ‘Dynamic Framework to Support Adaptable Networked Multimedia Applications to achieve User level requirements’, Proceedings of the 6th IEEE Singapore International Conference on Networks’98, Networks ’98, Also published in Book – Book title : IEEE SICON ’98, Networks ’98, ISBN 13: 9789810235840, ISBN 10: 9810235844, Publisher: World Scientific Publishing Co Pvt. Ltd, June 1998. Preetida Vinayakray-Jani, A. Seneviratne. [Best Student Paper]. 1
Technical Publications – Journals & Conferences (Accepted)
- ‘Spectral Information Guided Complexity Evaluation for Video Codec Design’, International Conference on Advances in Communication, Network and Computing – CNC 2010, IEEE CS CPS Publishing service, Archive in the IEEE Xplore and IEEE CS Digital library, OCT 04-05/2010, Vaibhavi Lineswala, J. Patel, Preetida Vinayakray-Jani and, Calicut, Kerala, India. [Accepted but Not Published].
- ‘Programming Model and System Infrastructure for real-time Networked Multimedia Applications’, IEEE International symposium on Communication Networks’98, Oct 1998. Preetida Vinayakray-Jani. [Accepted but Not Published].
- ‘voXstar Common Mobility Reference Architecture: Requirements and Use Cases’, Authors from Nokia (NRC, Devices), NSN and Vodafone, 2008.
- ‘IP Mobility in GPRS’, Authors from NRC/Nokia
Room No. 604, 6th Floor, Computer Engineering Department,
Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Andheri(W), Mumbai 400058.